Sunday, January 21, 2007

Christmas was more than good- Excellent!

Going home- What a stretch since being in Peru for so long. I was excited, and nervous at the same time. I mix of emotions ran through me in the days leading up to the trip. When I finally arrived in Boston, I was greeted by my sister and best friend, Holly. In the next couple of days I saw many people, and quickly adapted to US culture. It was so convenient to have water and electricity everyday! I could have gotten used to it! And lets not forget the food! I didn't eat rice-once. Except in a sushi roll, but that doesn't count.

I even went to my old high school to give a presentation about Peace Corps and Peru. I found it difficult to share many experiences to students who have never been abroad but most were open to learning and asked intelligent questions. The school has changed a lot. Thank you John Stark, students and faculty for inviting me as a guest.

Christmas day came up quickly, we celebrated at my mom's apartment in Concord. Having the whole family together was similar and different from years past. We've learned to make new traditions. Jenni and Bill brought there dog, Bella who celebrated her first Christmas. I had brought many gifts and in return received practical gifts I could use for this next year. We ate a home made ham and relaxed. My dad, Bill and I watched "A White Christmas" and played with the dog.

I headed down to Boston for New Years to spend some time with friends, David and Josiah. Who both offered their apartments for a couple of nights. I showed them the carata video from August. I think this gave them a better perspective of life in the campo, instead of trying to imagine from photos. Joe and I rang in the new year with Dick Clark. 2006-What a year. What would 2007 bring?

No comments: