Sunday, December 04, 2005

I´m a PC Volunteer!


I have arrived in Trujillo, and will be traveling onto my site tomorrow morning. We´ve graduated from training as of Friday, and have officially sworn in as peace corps volunteers! I´m excited to be moving into my pernament home, but also sad to say goodbye to everyone i´ve been in training with. i may not see some of them until mid service conference, one year from now. we recieved our cell phones, equipted with built in flash lights, which will probably prove more useful in my town cause i won´t have any service. most of us won´t have service, but when we travel into our capital cities to get mail, or go to the bank we can use them. $10 a month isn´t bad for a phone.
Our Thankgiving, Peace Corps style-------->

If you want to communicate with me download msn messenger. you´ll need a hotmail address. this will probably be the best and cheapest way for me to keep in touch with everyone. msn messenger is very popular here and is on every computer at internet cafe´s. my screen name is ¨mateolindsley¨

I´ll be living in the mountains about 2 hours from the closest town with internet. therefore, i won´t be online as much, maybe once a week if that. if i´m online and you want to chat, say hi, i´d love to hear from you all. love you, Matt

No comments: